Links to the JITCO Website
If you wish to link to the website of the Japan International Training Cooperation Organization (hereinafter "JITCO"), please notify us in advance. Depending on the content of the linked website and the nature of the link, the link may be denied, either in advance or subsequently.
When creating a link, make sure the URL is tohttps://www.jitco.or.jp (home page) and JITCO is referred to as either JITCO or the Japan International Training Cooperation Organization. Do not create direct links to any pages other than the home page.
JITCO accepts no responsibility for any issues or damage that may arise due to a link to its website.
JITCO may alter or delete the content of the website or alter the URL without notice. We appreciate your understanding.
Personal Information Protection Policy
The Japan International Training Cooperation Organization (hereinafter "JITCO") is a public interest corporation for the purpose of contributing to the appropriate and smooth promotion of the Technical Intern Training and Training Program, and directly and indirectly collects personal information from related parties. JITCO is aware that it has a social responsibility to appropriately protect this personal information, and it has formulated internal regulations concerning the protection of personal information, and is working to promote thorough protection of personal information, with the aim of being a public interest corporation that is worthy of the trust placed in it by society.
- (1)With regard to handling of protection of personal information, JITCO shall comply with laws, regulations, and internal regulations, that apply to the protection of relevant personal information, and it shall ensure that information is provided to JITCO's officers.
- (2)JITCO shall establish a management system for the purpose of protection of personal information, and acquisition, usage, and conduct provision of personal information in accordance with 2 onwards.
- (3)JITCO shall constantly maintain awareness of the importance of ensuring the safety of personal information, and it shall implement appropriate safety measures to ensure that there is no illicit access, leakage, loss, or destruction, etc., of personal information.
Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- (1)If JITCO acquires personal information, it shall publicise the purpose for which it will be used in advance and do so by appropriate means. Furthermore, if JITCO is directly provided with personal information by the subject of said information, either in writing or via the internet, it shall clearly state the purpose for which the information will be used, and safeguards shall be put in place to ensure that personal information which has been acquired is only used within the scope of the purpose of use and is not used for any other purpose.
- (2)If JITCO entrusts all or part of the personal information obtained through measures described in the previous paragraph to a third party, it shall ensure that it selects a party with a sufficient safe management system, and implement appropriate contractual safeguards.
JITCO shall acquire personal information for the following purposes.
- ①Advice and support in relation to technical intern training plans, immigration, and residency, for technical intern trainees and trainees
- ②Processing and support to evaluate the acquisition of skills, etc., by technical intern trainees
- ③Advice and support in relation to ensuring the health and safety of technical intern trainees and trainees, and taking out private insurance to provide compensation for injury and illness, etc.
- ④Staying abreast of the status of technical intern training and issuing completion certificates
- ⑤Holding, etc., of public lectures, training courses, and seminars relating to the Technical Intern Training and Training Programs and related publicity activities
- ⑥Activities relating to business plans approved by the Board of Directors
- (4)JITCO shall continue to use personal data that was obtained prior to the enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, on April 1, 2005, which is stored in JITCO's databases, for the purposes stated above.
Safe Management of Personal Information
Necessary and appropriate measures for the safe management and correction of personal information shall be implemented in order to prevent illicit access, leakage, loss, or destruction, etc., of personal information that has been collected.
Disclosure, etc., of Recorded Information
JITCO manages accurate and up-to-date personal information to the extent, possible. JITCO shall disclose or delete recorded information at the request of the subject of the personal information.
Furthermore, if informed that content is inaccurate, etc., JITCO shall confirm the content and add to, amend, or correct, the recorded information, etc., as necessary.
JITCO shall respond to complaints and questions concerning personal information without delay. If a subject of personal information has a request of this nature, they should direct their inquiry to the Personal Information Consultation Office.
Compliance with Laws and Other Norms Relating to Personal Information
With regard to handling of personal information, JITCO shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and guidelines concerning the Act on the Protection of Personal Information released by the ministries concerned.
Amendments to the Personal Information Protection Policy
JITCO continually revises and improves its personal information protection management system. The personal information protection policy may also be amended due to amendments to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and guidelines concerning the Act, etc.
Personal Information Consultation Office
Japan International Training Cooperation Organization, General Affairs Department, General Affairs and Human Resources Division
Igarashi Building, 2-11-5 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Requests for Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, or Cessation of Use of Personal Information
The Japan International Training Cooperation Organization (hereinafter "JITCO") shall respond to requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, or cessation of use, etc., of personal information without delay. If the subject of the personal information makes such a request, please complete the required items on the following form and lodge your request at the office.
Japan International Training Cooperation Organization, Personal Information Protection Manager, General Affairs Officer
Igarashi Building, 2-11-5 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Handling of Personal Information from Usage of the Website
Use of IP (Internet Protocol) Addresses, etc.
JITCO records IP addresses and domains from which the website is accessed for maintenance and statistical analysis of the website; however, it does not use this information for any other purposes.
Nondisclosure of Cookie Information
Cookies are a function wherein the web server records extremely small amounts of data to the hard disk of the viewer of a website to act as a signpost. JITCO will not disclose cookies to any third party unless required by valid legal processes.
Warranties, Limitation of Liability, and Application of Japanese Law
Usage of the JITCO website is the responsibility of the customer.
JITCO takes no responsibility for damage that may be incurred due to use of information acquired from this website or any other website that contain links to this website.
Furthermore, although this website may be accessed from countries around the world, which have different laws, the usage of this website by customers that access it is governed by the laws of Japan, irrespective of the differences in the laws of the customer’s respective country.