JITCO conducts the following activities for the purpose of contributing to the promotion of the appropriate and smooth operation of the Technical Intern Training Program and Training Program.
Intake support activities
- Support for smooth intake
- (1) Consultation, etc. for smooth intake of technical intern trainees and trainees
- (2) Support, etc. for applications relating to the Technical Intern Training Program
- Promotion of compliance and appropriate implementation
- (1) Dissemination and penetration of standards and rules of the Technical Intern Training Program
- (2) Dissemination of laws, etc. to technical intern trainees, etc.
- (3) Understanding of the state of the program’s utilization and promotion of appropriate implementation, etc.
- Advice and support for supervising organizations and implementing organizations
- (1) Individual advice and support for appropriate implementation through visiting consultations, etc.
- (2) Advice and support through exchange of information, etc. with implementing organizations and supervising organizations
- (3) Advice for the rectification of inappropriate circumstances
- (4) Advice and support for supervising organizations, etc. with regard to sending countries and sending organizations
- (5) Promotion of measures to prevent disappearance of technical intern trainees, etc.
Dispatch support activities
- Collaboration and consultation with overseas institution that are involved with the program, as well as gathering and providing information
- (1) Collaboration between the governments of sending countries and JITCO
- (2) Advice and support, etc. for sending organizations
Results improvement support activities
- Support to improve the results of technical intern training
- Support for Japanese language education of technical intern trainees
- (1) Support for Japanese language education for supervising organizations, implementing organizations, and sending organizations
- (2) Conducting a “Japanese Essay Competition,” etc.
Technical intern trainee protection activities
- Consultation and provision of information in the technical intern trainees’ native languages
- (1) Consultation, etc. in the technical intern trainees' and trainees' native languages
- (2) Provision of information, etc. in the technical intern trainees' and trainees' native languages
- Ensuring safety and health of technical intern trainees and trainees and providing compensation for accidents
- (1) Advice and support to prevent workplace accidents
- (2) Advice and support to prevent accidents and illness in daily life
- (3) Provision of Foreign Technical Intern Trainees’ General Insurance encouraging rapid payment of benefits, etc.
Activities to promote PR and education
- Provision of teaching materials
- Developing PR and education with regard to Technical Intern Training and Training
- (1) Promoting PR activities through the website and pamphlets, etc.
- (2) Holding JITCO exchange conferences, etc.